Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Predictable Equilibrium Part Deux


Just thought that you'd might like to know that I've noticed a small change in the Country Club of Miami these past few weeks.  There have been at least four price reductions of on market listings in the neighborhood.  Now this is not necessarily a cause for alarm, yet it is indeed an indication that the local market may have gotten a little ahead of itself.  The recent interest rates increases could bear some of the blame, and the imbalance of supply and demand that's driven the double digit increases over the past 18 months seems to be easing.  One of my colleagues that works in West Broward has also noticed this in his local market.  That being said, I feel that we're on the cusp of a return to a more balanced market with historically conservative appreciation levels , heading towards a phrase I coined in 2009; predictable equilibrium.  Here's where I wrote about this back then in my blog: http://bitsaboutrealestate.blogspot.com/2009/07/predictable-equilibrium.html

No comments:

Post a Comment